Our ActiveIQ Fitness Instructor qualification helps ex or serving members of the Armed Forces who are looking for fitness instructor jobs or want to start a successful career in the fitness industry by avoiding fast track, non contact training providers and achieving a high quality fitness qualifications.
British Military Fitness offers fitness instructor jobs to ex or serving members of the Armed Forces who are looking for a new challenge. We are a nationwide fitness provider and run over 500 classes per week in 140 cities around the UK. We offer our Instructors flexible part time work which can be scheduled around a full time role. Once time has been served with BMF, this can progress onto a full time career.
You don’t need to be a PTI to work for BMF. 95% of our potential instructors make the grade and gain employment as a BMF Instructor. We employ over 500 Instructors who all come from a military background and have been through the resettlement experience. So we understand the challenges you face and we can support you through this.
This is achieved through our BMF Academy which delivers excellent quality training and can be accessed through military funding such as the Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme, IRTC and Standard Learning Credits. We also offer leading rates of pay which is well above the fitness industry average.
After your training, we offer fitness instructor jobs for all of our learners and you will be trained to an extremely high standard which makes you industry ready to deliver great fitness classes to members of the public.
This qualification is aimed at the learner who is looking for fitness instructor jobs or wants to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor and join British Military Fitness as an Instructor. Once you have completed this course, you will be able to begin our Instructor induction programme ensuring that you meet our requirements.
Prior to the start of your course you will be sent a learner manual which includes all the content for the theory elements of our course. You will gain access to our Academy e-learning website which hosts a series of lectures, videos and content that will deliver the theory elements to you in a different style.
– 3 days practical learning
– Gathering client information and heart rate monitoring
– Roles of a gym instructor and intro to fixed and CV machines
– Warm ups, free weights and aerobic training
– Conducting a session, session planning and resistance training approaches
– 3 days practical (last day optional)
– Optional 6th day is BMF Outdoor Fitness Certification learning outdoor fitness techniques
– AM on Day 6 is aimed at potential BMF instructors. PM is open to all students.
– Theory assessments on anatomy & physiology and Principles of Exercise and Fitness
– Teaching workshop to practice instructional techniques
– Practical exams
You can take the Certificate in Fitness Instruction without any prior qualifications however you must be at least 16 years of age. It is also recommended that you have a reasonable level of fitness and basic numeracy and literacy skills.
To attend Day 6, you need to have successfully completed the Level 2 Course.
Our courses are delivered via a blended learning approach, which will enable the learner to best discover the knowledge and understanding through their preferred learning style. The course is delivered as follows:
– Initial one hour online webinar
– 4 weeks distance learning
– Access to the BMF Academy e-learning website
– On-going tutor support via email/Skype
– 5 day practical face to face training
– Additional 6th day for BMF Outdoor Fitness Certification (included) – aimed at those wishing to be BMF instructors
– Please note you will require Internet access to complete the home study phase of this course.
Assessment of this course includes various worksheets, multiple-choice questions and a practical assessment. You will achieve the following qualifications upon successfully passing this course:
– Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction
– British Military Fitness Outdoor Fitness Certification
Full cost is £599 or 6 monthly payments of £100
ActiveIQ are a leading UK-wide awarding body that specialises in designing and delivering sector leading vocational qualifications, all of which are supported by high quality resources, such as eLearning, Apprenticeship Packages, and Professional Recognition.