Our ActiveIQ Fitness Instructor qualifications are your starting point to a career in fitness. This course consists of 6 days practical over two consecutive weekends. With this qualification, you will become a fully qualified fitness instructor, and can train clients within gyms or other fitness companies. If you’re ex armed forces or emergency services, you can even work for us at British Military Fitness.
The BMF Academy was started in order to raise the level of standards for instructor training. We’ve employed thousands of fitness instructors over our 20 years, and so as an employer we know exactly what is required to make a great fitness instructor.
The cost of our fitness courses are among the lowest in the industry. Why? Because our main business is running fitness sessions in parks, so unlike other training providers we can afford to deliver high quality fitness instructor qualifications, but at affordable prices.
British Military Fitness offers fitness instructor jobs to ex or serving members of the Armed Forces who are looking for a new challenge. We are a nationwide fitness provider and run over 500 classes per week in 140 cities around the UK. We offer our Instructors flexible part time work which can be scheduled around a full time role. Once time has been served with BMF, this can progress onto a full time career.
You don’t need to be a PTI to work for BMF. 95% of our potential instructors make the grade and gain employment as a BMF Instructor. We employ over 500 Instructors who all come from a military background and have been through the resettlement experience. So we understand the challenges you face and we can support you through this.
These fitness instructor qualifications are aimed at those looking for fitness instructor jobs within the health and fitness industry. This is your starting point, and is one of the most widely recognised fitness instructor qualifications. Successful applicants can work as a fitness instructor, or even join British Military Fitness as an Instructor (if you’re ex armed forces or emergency services).
Prior to the start of your course you will be sent a learner manual which includes all the content for the theory elements of our course. You will gain access to our Academy e-learning website which hosts a series of lectures, videos and content that will deliver the theory elements to you in a different style.
– 3 days practical learning
– Gathering client information and heart rate monitoring
– Roles of a gym instructor and intro to fixed and CV machines
– Warm ups, free weights and aerobic training
– Conducting a session, session planning and resistance training approaches
– 3 days practical (last day optional)
– Optional 6th day is BMF Outdoor Fitness Certification learning outdoor fitness techniques
– AM on Day 6 is aimed at potential BMF instructors. PM is open to all students.
– Theory assessments on anatomy & physiology and Principles of Exercise and Fitness
– Teaching workshop to practice instructional techniques
– Practical exams
You can take the Certificate in Fitness Instruction without any prior qualifications however you must be at least 16 years of age. It is also recommended that you have a reasonable level of fitness and basic numeracy and literacy skills.
To attend Day 6, you need to have successfully completed the Level 2 Course.
Our courses are delivered via a blended learning approach, which will enable the learner to best discover the knowledge and understanding through their preferred learning style. The course is delivered as follows:
– Initial one hour online webinar
– 4 weeks distance learning
– Access to the BMF Academy e-learning website
– On-going tutor support via email/Skype
– 5 day practical face to face training
– Additional 6th day for BMF Outdoor Fitness Certification (included) – aimed at those wishing to be BMF instructors
– Please note you will require Internet access to complete the home study phase of this course.
Assessment of this course includes various worksheets, multiple-choice questions and a practical assessment. You will achieve the following qualifications upon successfully passing this course:
– Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction
– British Military Fitness Outdoor Fitness Certification